Some of our campers never want to leave, and we get it!
Instead of growing out of camp, these great minds will be able to stay with us and help younger campers learn to innovate.
The Counselor-in-Training Program at Fun Bot Lab is designed to offer qualified young people an opportunity to prepare for positions as camp counselors. Emphasis is placed upon developing leadership skills, creativity, collaboration, working with children, and other Fun Bot Lab core skills.
Participation in the CIT program is by selection only. Those interested in the program must complete an application process, which includes an application, references, and a phone interview. A parent or guardian is welcome to attend the interview.
It is understood that a CIT may have to arrive late/depart early due to school end/start dates. We will try to accommodate participants as much as possible. All late or early arrivals or departures must be approved by the Site Director or by Courtney Brown, Director of Operations.
To be a Counselor-in-Training:
- Applicants must be at least 13 years old at the time of participation.
- Applicants must possess a genuine interest in Fun Bot Lab, LEGO® Robotics, and in working with younger campers.
- Applicant must NOT have any prior incident or behavior reports in their file at Fun Bot Lab.
- Applicants must be willing to commit the required energy, enthusiasm, and cooperation in all aspects of the training and hands-on portions of the program, and be willing to commit at least 2 weeks of their summer during the program.
- The CIT Program will only be offered at our McLean location.
- A positive and cooperative attitude and pleasant disposition are critical personal attributes for the position.
- This position is not paid, but is eligible for volunteer hours.
- Apply online by using the online camper application. A parent or guardian can do this for the Applicant. Once submitted, Fun Bot Lab will email the applicant to schedule a phone interview.
- In the application three references from non-related adults are requested. After the applicant has been preliminarily accepted, we will call all three references as part of our licensing requirements.
- Successful candidates will receive a welcome email from Fun Bot Lab!
To proceed, please click the button below to start your application and choose the option for Counselor in Training. If you are unsure of a question, please answer to the best of your ability. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Courtney Brown at email@example.com.