Fun Bot Lab is Hiring a Full Time STEM LAB EDUCATOR for FUN BOT LAB at ST. LUKE SCHOOL!
STEM EDUCATOR – JOB DESCRIPTION
St. Luke School is in the beginning stage of creating a world-class STEM program, building a facility and a ‘just-right’ team with the passion, skill, energy, and vision to help us reach that goal. As part of that plan, St. Luke is hiring two positions for the coming year (2020-2021), including a full-time STEM Education Teacher. These positions will share duties related to program building and teaching K-8th grade students while providing an inclusive, imaginative, and engaging learning environment that welcomes all students and recognizes a variety of learning modalities. This team member will also have a say in the lab build-out, equipment purchase, curriculum design, and long-term vision. Overall, a St. Luke’s STEM educator is knowledgeable about the cognitive and social-emotional development of children, and possesses a firm understanding of- and passion for- Science and Technology.
- A passion for hands-on STEM education in a Makerspace/ STEM lab environment
- Experience teaching (formal or informal education) a range of levels/subjects in robotics, engineering, maker education, and/or computer science
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in child development, educational best practices, and methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of teachers
- A sense of humor, warm personality, and growth mindset
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, computer science, engineering and/or Master’s Degree in education or otherwise related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ teaching experience
- Experience with the following:
- Hand tools
- 3D printers, vinyl and laser cutters
- Programmable embroidery machine
- Creative coding projects
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Digital fabrication
- Stop motion animation
- An understanding of the development of children as it relates to the teaching/learning process
- Exceptional organizational skills and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
TEACHING AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT
- Develop and teach STEM classes in a variety of grades across elementary and/or middle school that align with St. Luke School’s vision, mission, and values
- Utilize a hands-on, inquiry-driven approach that maximizes student engagement
- Seek opportunities to integrate curricula with other disciplines
- Assess students’ knowledge to refine classroom activities and provide feedback to students, parents, and administration.
- With partner, integrate a plurality of viewpoints and perspectives into curriculum
- Coordinate and chaperone field trip opportunities that support the goals of the curriculum
- Maintains a high level of awareness regarding research and recent developments on science and technology programs
- Seeks opportunities to integrate technology purposefully and effectively into the curriculum
- Actively seeks opportunities for professional development in STEM pedagogy
- Fulfills requirements for obtaining and maintaining
- Religion Certification
- VA/VCEA Certification
- Witness to the philosophy of Catholic education established by the Diocese of Arlington and the local school
- Assumes responsibility for care of classroom, materials, and equipment
- Organizes classroom systems and procedures and manages student behavior to ensure all students are fully engaged and learning
- Displays promptness and accuracy in assigned responsibilities
- Communicates effectively in speech and writing
- Interacts with students, parents, and community in a responsible, constructive, and resourceful manner and reflective of Catholic values
- Actively supports the school philosophy, community, and policies
- Creates a positive working and learning environment
- Willingly complies with policies and guidelines of the Diocese, the Office of Catholic Schools and St. Luke School. For information regarding religious preference of teachers, see https://www.arlingtondiocese.org.
Dear Fun Bot Friends & Families,
As the Company Owner and Executive Officer, it is with mixed feelings that I announce that Fun Bot Lab will not be running summer programs in the summer of 2020.
When I started Fun Bot Lab at Sidwell Friends School ten years ago, I could not imagine the success and scope of this program, and its positive effect on the thousands of young learners – including your kids last summer. I could not have imagined all of the fantastic staff that I was fortunate enough to hire, train, and work with, nor could I have imagined the treasured feedback I have received from you as parents and partners.
However, for personal reasons, I must step aside to let Fun Bot Lab take on its new form. For 2020 and beyond, Fun Bot Lab will be focusing on building a lab at St. Luke School to continue our legacy and complete our prior commitments.
Please know that we did not come to this decision lightly. We have enjoyed each summer with all of your fantastic kids. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Welcome to Fun Bot Lab
Looking for a unique technology camp where your child can thrive in a creative, fun, and challenging environment?
At Fun Bot Lab, we have a formula for FUN! Our labs use the coolest technology, featuring LEGO®Robotics, LEGO® Engineering, and LEGO® Storytelling to give your kids an exciting and educational summer experience they will never forget!
We offer a great mix of programs for kids from rising to Kindergarten through 8th grade in a safe, nurturing environment with an well-trained, outstanding staff.